The A5 is designed to deliver spacious sound, from the highest quality audio files, wirelessly. Drivers from our M-1 speakers, anti-resonance plug technology and dimpled Flowports combine with high-quality, digital-to-analogue converters and processors to carry a digital signal untainted by distortion, to a room-filling, yet surprisingly compact, system.
Stay in control
Play and control music wirelessly, anywhere in the room. Or, with more than one A5 forming a multiroom system you walk your music from room to room effortlessly in the palm of your hand.
Listening how you like it
AirPlay on A5 works seamlessly with your favourite music apps, like Last.fm, Pandora and Mixcloud.
The free Bowers & Wilkins AirPlay Setup App will walk you through the simple steps to connect your A5 to Wi-Fi, and choose and manage your settings, all wirelessly.
- High-quality Class-D amplifier
- Single discreet, compact unit
- Comes with Apple AirPlay technology
- Optimised to handle broadest range of frequencies
- Play music wirelessly from computer, iPhone or even apps
- Pristine sound
Did you notice?Compact and designed to perform in out-of-the-way areas, the A5 is a great choice for places where space is at a premium.
Apple Recommends ForPlaying and controlling your music wirelessly, from anywhere in the room.
What's in the Box?
- Bowers & Wilkins A5 AirPlay Wireless Music System
- Power supply
- Frequency Response: 40 - 24,000 Hz
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Other Features: AirPlay
- Connections: AirPlay, Wireless
- Drivers: 4
- Power Source: AC
- Height: 180 mm/7.1 in.
- Width: 300 mm/11.8 in.
- Weight: 3.6 kg
- Length: 120 mm/4.7 in.
- Mfr. Part Number: FP33936
- UPC or EAN No.: 714346314935
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
Bowers & Wilkins Control
Welcome to the Bowers & Wilkins Control app, formerly known as Bowers & Wilkins AirPlay Setup.
This intuitive app will help you to setup and manage your Wireless Music System. For new Wireless Music System owners, the app will walk you through all the simple steps to connect to your Wi-Fi network and start streaming your music quickly. For existing owners the app will discover your Wireless Music Systems and let you manage the name settings.
To get started with your Wireless Music System setup or management, simply launch the app and follow the on screen instructions. Help is available in each step as you go, and you can contact Bowers & Wilkins from the app if you need more assistance.
To get the best experience with your Bowers & Wilkins Wireless Music System, ensure you have the latest version of this app, as new features and improvements will be added in future updates.
• This app is only compatible with A5, A7, Z2 and Zeppelin Air.
• To use AirPlay on your iPod touch, iPhone or iPad, iOS 4.2 or higher is required.
• To use AirPlay on your Mac or PC, iTunes 10.1 or later is required. …
8000 444 0396 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini 2
iPad Air 2
iPad mini 3
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
if i watch a movie on my macbook pro, will these speakers work?
- Asked by Matthew K from New York
No, not through Airplay. The speakers will work but there will be a few seconds (1-2) of delay betwe No, not through Airplay. The speakers will work but there will be a few seconds (1-2) of delay between your mac and the speakers, so watching a movie won't be an option. …
- Answered by Alexis D from San Francisco
Does this work with an 802.11n network running at 5Ghz?
- Asked by J Lynton J
B&W website state that "Wireless Music Systems are not compatible with Wireless N (802.11n)". Hi,
B&W website state that "Wireless Music Systems are not compatible with Wireless N (802.11n)".
In order to use it with this class of router, you'll need to "ensure the router is broadcasting using a wireless G (802.11g) signal, or a mixed variant including wireless G. Most routers will have this enabled automatically." …
- Answered by Frédéric L from Saint-lambert
Can two or more A5 speakers be used together simultaneously? If I have the B&W Zeppelin Air, will it be able to play simultaneously with the A5?
- Asked by Lauren N from Houston
Yes, via the computer. IOS device, you can only use one speaker at a time. So in iTunes select mu Yes, via the computer. IOS device, you can only use one speaker at a time. So in iTunes select multiple speaker option and choose all the speakers you want. Select the sone or playlist and you are ready to go. …
- Answered by Brian U from Boston
Can we use the b&w speakers as computer speakers without a cable connection to our computer?
- Asked by Pauline V
You can on a Mac anyway! If you go into audio preferences you have the option to select these as the You can on a Mac anyway! If you go into audio preferences you have the option to select these as the audio output rather than the built in speakers.. …
- Answered by Aaron F
Can I Airplay video to my Apple TV and sound to this?
- Asked by Jack D
I have not tested the 1st scenario but I use my Apple TV and output the sound to an A5...it works a I have not tested the 1st scenario but I use my Apple TV and output the sound to an A5...it works a treat and sounds great :) …
- Answered by Aaron F