The A5 is designed to deliver spacious sound, from the highest quality audio files, wirelessly. Drivers from our M-1 speakers, anti-resonance plug technology and dimpled Flowports combine with high-quality, digital-to-analogue converters and processors to carry a digital signal untainted by distortion, to a room-filling, yet surprisingly compact, system.
Stay in control
Play and control music wirelessly, anywhere in the room. Or, with more than one A5 forming a multiroom system you walk your music from room to room effortlessly in the palm of your hand.
Listening how you like it
AirPlay on A5 works seamlessly with your favourite music apps, like Last.fm, Pandora and Mixcloud.
The free Bowers & Wilkins AirPlay Setup App will walk you through the simple steps to connect your A5 to Wi-Fi, and choose and manage your settings, all wirelessly.
- High-quality Class-D amplifier
- Single discreet, compact unit
- Comes with Apple AirPlay technology
- Optimised to handle broadest range of frequencies
- Play music wirelessly from computer, iPhone or even apps
- Pristine sound
Did you notice?Compact and designed to perform in out-of-the-way areas, the A5 is a great choice for places where space is at a premium.
Apple Recommends ForPlaying and controlling your music wirelessly, from anywhere in the room.
What's in the Box?
- Bowers & Wilkins A5 AirPlay Wireless Music System
- Power supply
- Frequency Response: 40 - 24,000 Hz
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Other Features: AirPlay
- Connections: AirPlay, Wireless
- Drivers: 4
- Power Source: AC
- Height: 180 mm/7.1 in.
- Width: 300 mm/11.8 in.
- Weight: 3.6 kg
- Length: 120 mm/4.7 in.
- Mfr. Part Number: FP33936
- UPC or EAN No.: 714346314935
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
Bowers & Wilkins Control
Welcome to the Bowers & Wilkins Control app, formerly known as Bowers & Wilkins AirPlay Setup.
This intuitive app will help you to setup and manage your Wireless Music System. For new Wireless Music System owners, the app will walk you through all the simple steps to connect to your Wi-Fi network and start streaming your music quickly. For existing owners the app will discover your Wireless Music Systems and let you manage the name settings.
To get started with your Wireless Music System setup or management, simply launch the app and follow the on screen instructions. Help is available in each step as you go, and you can contact Bowers & Wilkins from the app if you need more assistance.
To get the best experience with your Bowers & Wilkins Wireless Music System, ensure you have the latest version of this app, as new features and improvements will be added in future updates.
• This app is only compatible with A5, A7, Z2 and Zeppelin Air.
• To use AirPlay on your iPod touch, iPhone or iPad, iOS 4.2 or higher is required.
• To use AirPlay on your Mac or PC, iTunes 10.1 or later is required. …
8000 444 0396 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is this wall mountable?
- Asked by Esther S
- Answered by Juan C M from Dexter
if i watch a movie on my macbook pro, will these speakers work?
- Asked by Matthew K from New York
Yes simply go to settings, sound, output and choose the B&W's as your preferred speaker.
- Answered by Christopher C from Bellflower
Can we use the b&w speakers as computer speakers without a cable connection to our computer?
- Asked by Pauline V
I set up the B&W A7 last night and the Airplay icon only shows on the iTunes screen and not in the m I set up the B&W A7 last night and the Airplay icon only shows on the iTunes screen and not in the menu extras bar, so I can't use the A7, but for iTunes. I can't see the A5 doing something the A7 can't. Perhaps it can be used as a computer speaker with Airport Express? But, on it's own, it doesn't appear so. …
- Answered by John F
Can I also connect my CD player with a wire and have my Imac connected through Bluetooth?
- Asked by Laurent H
I'd like to use the A5 as my primary audio source connected to my iMac. Can AirPlay be set up to stream all sounds and not just from iTunes?
- Asked by Matt W from Kirkwood