The ultimate wireless music system, Bowers & Wilkins' A7 speakers give you the best of quality audio engineering and superior electronics with wireless AirPlay streaming from your iPad, iPhone and iPod.
Superb sound wirelessly
Wireless audio is up-sampled through A7's audiophile-quality 96kHz/24bit Digital-to-Analogue Convertors (DACs), reducing noise and increasing dynamic range, for a more detailed, natural sound.
For a natural and widely spread sound, there's a 6-inch Kevlar-reinforced subwoofer delivering rich, deep bass and a bank of four high-quality drive units providing excellent dispersion. Each of the five drive units is powered by dedicated audiophile Class D amplifiers, so A7 delivers truly impressive audio quality.
The free Bowers & Wilkins AirPlay Setup App will walk you through the simple steps to connect your A7 to Wi-Fi, and choose and manage your settings, all wirelessly.
- Audiophile quality DACs for natural sound
- Five drive units, individually powered for high-quality audio
- 6-inch Kevlar-reinforced subwoofer for rich, deep bass
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing for great sound at all listening levels
- AirPlay for high-resolution wireless audio streaming
Did you notice?The discreet design means it works brilliantly in out-of-the-way places where it won’t be noticed, such as bookshelves.
Apple Recommends ForPlaying and controlling your music wirelessly, from anywhere in the room.
What's in the Box?
- Bowers & Wilkins A7 AirPlay Wireless Music System
- Power cord
- Remote control
- Frequency Response: 36 Hz - 42,000 Hz
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, USB
- Other Features: AirPlay
- Connections: AirPlay
- Speaker Configurations: Stereo
- Drivers: Five
- Power Source: AC
- Height: 220 mm/8.66 in.
- Width: 360 mm/14.17 in.
- Weight: 5.7 kg
- Length: 160 mm/6.3 in.
- Mfr. Part Number: FP33502
- UPC or EAN No.: 714346314720
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
What is the difference between the B&W A7 and the Zeppelin Air from a sound quality point of view?
- Asked by Andrea F from Brooklyn
I've had both and enjoyed the Zeppelin, but replaced it with the A7. I wish I had taken the time to I've had both and enjoyed the Zeppelin, but replaced it with the A7. I wish I had taken the time to listen to them side by side, but I difference was still clear when I received the A7. I don't have the vocabulary of the audiophiles, so I'll do the best I can. There's absolutely no distortion with the A7 even at full volume whereas the Zeppelin distorted ever so slightly. I was also able to enjoy a more spacious sound from the A7 and more pronounced bass. I'd guess it's due to the new design. As I'm writing this review, I listening to a Tracy Chappman track and she sounds lie she's sitting in the room with me. Everything is so unbelievably clear. I warned you my vocab was less than par...Anyways, I hope this helps:) …
- Answered by Edward R from Damascus
Can the audio played from speaker when I stream the video is streamed to TV using Apple TV?
- Asked by Aloysius L
Is bowers air play like sonos where you can connect the A5 and A7 to play at the same time?
- Asked by George J
You can add more speakers but they will be playing the same source material. Unlike the Sonos howeve You can add more speakers but they will be playing the same source material. Unlike the Sonos however (which doesn't use AirPlay) AirPlay is not as stable and you will at some stage, and to varying degrees, experience dropout. It also makes no difference how good your router is or whether you connect the A5/A7 by ethernet - while ever the control component is based on AirPlay you will get dropout. It was something I could not live with despite the 5-star quality of sound - I ended up with Sonos and their rock solid network protocol. …
- Answered by Christian W
The compatibility for B & W's A7 doesn't list the 5th generation iPod, is it compatible?
- Asked by Tom R from Calgary
if you mean the iPod Touch 5th generation, the answer is "YES IT SURE DOES" with iOS7, I mainly use if you mean the iPod Touch 5th generation, the answer is "YES IT SURE DOES" with iOS7, I mainly use the iPod Touch 5G with my A7 …
- Answered by John F
Can someone please confirm if this supports 802.11n (2.4Ghz only [802.11bn]) or 802.11g? tl;dr, is it 802.11n?
- Asked by Anthony N from Austin
To use your Wireless Music Systems AirPlay feature with a wireless N router, ensure the router is br To use your Wireless Music Systems AirPlay feature with a wireless N router, ensure the router is broadcasting using a wireless G (802.11g) signal, or a mixed variant including wireless G. Most routers will have this enabled automatically.
Wireless Music Systems are not compatible with Wireless N (802.11n).
This is cut and pasted, directly from Bowers & Wilkins' website (support section)
I hope this helps.
We've just had our broadband upgraded to Virgin Media which uses 802.11n but the router also supports 802.11g and the A7 is working just fine. …
- Answered by John F