Elgato Game Capture HD enables you to record PlayStation or Xbox gameplay to your Mac and share it with your friends. Advanced hardware H.264 encoding lets you capture in high quality while maintaining low file sizes, so you can post on the internet easily.
A single HDMI pass-through cable connects the Game Capture HD to your console, and the included software makes it easy to record even if you forget to press the record button. Flashback Recording lets you slide back in time on your Mac and hit the record button retroactively.
With one click you can share your gameplay on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, and use the included software to trim your gaming scenes and pass them through iMovie or Final Cut.
- HD recording for Playstation and Xbox
- HDMI pass-through cable
- Flashback Recording feature to record retroactively
- One-click sharing to YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
- Included software lets you trim gaming scenes
- Advanced H.264 compression
- Supported resolutions include 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- No power supply needed
Did you notice?Flashback Recording lets you record your gaming scenes retroactively.
Apple Recommends ForRecording and sharing your gaming accolades online.
What's in the Box?
- Elgato Game Capture HD Game Recorder
- Quick start guide
- USB cable
- HDMI cable
- PlayStation 3 cable
- Resolution: Supported resolutions: 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Height: 24 mm/0.94 in.
- Width: 73 mm/2.87 in.
- Weight: 5 oz./142 g
- Length: 109 mm/4.29 in.
- Mac OS X v10.7
- 2.0GHz or faster Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 4GB of RAM
- Windows 7
- 2.0GHz or faster dual core processor
- 4GB of RAM
- Mfr. Part Number: 10025010
- UPC or EAN No.: 4260195390485
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
will this work for my macbook air? (13-inch, Late 2010)
- Asked by Adanarys E from Plant City
I want to capture anything that has HDMI out
- Asked by Steven C from Bracebridge
Is it possible to use the Elgato device to record DIRECTLY into iMovie?
- Asked by Michael W from Downers Grove
No but you can just save the file and Drag it into iMovie.
- Answered by Cole S from Cincinnati
I have elgato and i have a plug that goes into the x box and the cord that goes into the computer do you need a cable that goes into the TV?
- Asked by John C from Fairfield
Yes you do need another hdmi cord to plug into your tv and el gato
- Answered by Riley B from Aurora
Will the Elgato work on a 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 or does it have to be Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
- Asked by Dennis A B from Everett
Does the elgato recored with out being connected to the computer? Would it save them, then you would plug it into your computer and look at the video
- Asked by Jodi G from North Vancouver
No, the Elgato itself does not have built in storage to record to or an interface to do so. It must No, the Elgato itself does not have built in storage to record to or an interface to do so. It must be connected to a computer and be running its own software, otherwise it will not be able to capture footage. Try the Avermedia live gamer portable if you're looking for a device to do self-contained recording on. …
- Answered by James S