The Twelve South HoverBar's flexible arm elevates your new iPad or iPad 2 to either side of or above your Mac, turning your iPad into the ultimate Mac sidecar. Simply clamp HoverBar to your iMac or Apple display, snap your new iPad or iPad 2 into the secure clip and then use iPad to monitor your Twitter feed, stocks, weather or collaborate via FaceTime – all while you continue working on your Mac.
You can also use HoverBar as a stand-alone iPad mount. Clamp HoverBar to a kitchen cabinet and use your iPad while preparing dinner. Or attach HoverBar to a table for an instant compact workstation. Use HoverBar to interact with your favourite DJ or music app. Create a steering wheel for racing apps. HoverBar expands the ways you can use and interact with your iPad.
- Heavy-gauge steel clamp is padded with silicone to protect surfaces to which HoverBar is attached
- Flexible steel arm works with all iMacs and Apple displays
- Positions iPad on either side of or above an iMac or Apple display
- Compatible with new iPad and iPad 2
- Attaches to any surface up to an inch thick without drilling holes and without permanent installation
- Rotates iPad into portrait or landscape position
- Ball mount on iPad clip allows you to tilt iPad back and forth or use as a rotating wheel for driving and racing apps
- Clamp has a two-way mount to accommodate the back of a Mac or flat surface such as a table or desk
- Cable managers keep your workspace free of clutter
- Compatible with iPad Smart Cover
Did you notice?Also works beautifully as a stand-alone mount for your iPad—not just next to your Mac.
Apple Recommends ForEasily place your iPad next to or above your Mac to create the ultimate Apple workstation.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South HoverBar flexible arm
- Bi-directional mounting clamp
- Support clip that fits new iPad and iPad 2
- Four cable management clips
- Allen wrench
- Height : 2.5 in./6.35 cm
- Width : 11.25 in./28.57 cm
- Weight : 3.5 lb./1.59 kg
- Length : 10.38 in./26.37 cm
- Mfr. Part Number : 12-1215
- UPC or EAN No. : 851522002504
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad (4th generation)
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
The clamp will open roughly 2.0cm - 2.5 cm and will still be able to clamp onto a surface. Therefore the desk / object the HoverBar is clamped onto needs to be around 2.0cm thick or less. …
- Answered by Samuel B
Twelve South sell an adaptor to use this with iPad 1. It costs $20 from their US store. I've not see n it for sale in the UK yet. …
- Answered by John H
I have heard that it does. It is a tight fit due to the slight increase in thickness of the iPad (3) over the iPad 2. …
- Answered by Scott F from Calgary
- Asked by Richard A from San Francisco
Against my better judgement I am going to attempt to answer. The stand is designed for Apple product s. I would recommend looking in the refurb section of this website for your Mac purchases, or perhaps put a little cash away every month, like I do. …
- Answered by Michael L from Toronto