B&O PLAY Beolit 12 by Bang & Olufsen
Portable sound system with AirPlay.
- AirPlay functionality for wireless streaming
- Plays and charges iPhone or iPod through USB
- Plays iPad but doesn't charge it fully
- Built-in rechargeable battery for playing anywhere
- Three-year international warranty
Stream music wirelessly with AirPlay.
AirPlay lets you wirelessly stream music to any AirPlay-enabled speakers from your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Mac or PC.
See all AirPlay-enabled speakers
Apple Recommends For
A portable speaker that lets you share superb audio from your iPhone or iPod touch wherever you go.
The B&O PLAY Beolit 12 speaker system is designed for use with your iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPod touch and other audio devices. In addition to impressive portable sound, it provides a natural resting place for charging your iPhone or iPod touch. You can even use multiple Beolit 12 units to create a superior multi-room sound system.
- Simple four-button user interface: Volume up and down, Network on/off, product on/off
- Built-in power supply and rechargeable battery
- Battery playtime: Up to 8 hours wired or 4 hours via AirPlay
- Compatible with Bang & Olufsen BeoPlayer App
- Software upgradeable via web interface
- Compatible with all Bang & Olufsen remotes
Did You Notice?
The dedicated Beolit Setup app (available from the App Store in iTunes) lets you set up your Beolit 12 directly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- Other Features: AirPlay
- Music Profile: Classical & Jazz,Hip Hop / R&B / Rap,Pop / Rock / Alternative / Country
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack,USB
- Usage: Portable
- Power Source: AC,Battery Power,USB
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Power: 100-240V
- Wireless: Wi-Fi
- Frequency Response: 50 to 20,000Hz
- Speaker Configurations: 2.1
- Drivers: 120W digital Class D amplifier, two 2-inch tweeters, and one 4-inch woofer
- Weight: 5.95 lb./2.8 kg
- Height: 7.48 in./18.8 cm
- Width: 5.31 in./13.3 cm
- Length: 9.05 in./23.0 cm
What's in the Box?
- B&O PLAY Beolit 12 speaker system
- Quick start guide and user's guide
- Power cord
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
- Warranty: Three years*
- UPC or EAN No.: 5705260039443
- Mfr. Part Number: 1290951
- Note: *When you register your B&O PLAY product at www.beoplay.com/register, you'll receive an automatic one-year warranty extension to your standard two-year warranty.
- Asked by Wei X from Plymouth
Yes- it has a small (earphone style) auxiliary jack, but you'll need to supply your own cable.
- Answered by Gene Y from Nahant
Will it create its own wifi network for wireless playing when on the go and not connected to a network?
- Asked by Jeremy L from Sherman Oaks
Just to clarify this for everyone. Beolit 12 will not create it's own network, nor is it a Bluetooth unit. If you are on the go and want to use the unit wirelessly you can create a "Hotspot" using your Apple iPhone and the Beolit 12 will connect to your own created network from your phone. Wirelessly you will achieve up to 4 hours use but connecting a cable to your iPhone or other iPod will wive up to 8 hours playback. …More
- Answered by Graham M
- Asked by Jason C from Round Rock
Yes and no. At the moment, you cannot use Apple Airplay to stream to multiple devices from an iOS device. However, you can use Airplay with multiple devices using a computer with iTunes as the source. Put simply, you can stream to multiple Beolit 12 units, but only from your computer, not your iPod, iPhone, or iPad. …More
- Answered by Richard K from Pasadena
- Asked by Glenn B from Alexandria
Yes it does work with the new iPad wireilessy
- Answered by Benjamin R from Studio City
- Asked by Robert S. K from Milwaukee
No remote to turn it on, but once you've established AirPlay connection, your iPhone or iPod Touch IS your remote. What's nice is, the phone's volume syncs with the Beolit's volume, while connected. B&O says all their remotes work with it, but it's really not needed. And the speaker itself is portable, so I don't miss a remote at all. …More
- Answered by Gene Y from Nahant
- Asked by Kaushik M from Scarsdale
Yes it will. You need to update the software on your beolit. The beolit and the airplay function will stay on when connected to the outlet. The update will also allow you to setup up AirPlay wirelessly through the App on your iPhone or iPad …More
- Answered by John C from Madison