The compact AV40 powered reference monitors deliver the same proven M-Audio technology favoured by top producers, recording engineers, and musicians around the world. The combination of 4-inch polypropylene-coated drivers and 3/4-inch ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeters provides punchy lows, crisp highs, and a balanced, uncoloured response. Custom cabinets with dense wood construction deliver more accurate bass response than you could ever get from plastic multimedia speakers.
And for the highest possible fidelity, the AV40 monitors also feature OptImage III wave-guide technology and a 20 watt-per-channel internal amplifier that utilises Class A/B architecture.
These speakers even include an additional 1/8-inch stereo input on front for portable devices such as iPods and notebooks.
- Tight, accurate bass from polypropylene-coated woofers
- Clear, smooth highs with ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeters
- OptImage III tweeter wave guides for superior imaging
- Amplifier with Class A/B structure for professional design and fidelity
- Magnetic shielding for multimedia and video wor
Did you notice?OptImage III wave-guide technology and a 20 watt-per-channel internal amplifier deliver the highest possible fidelity.
Apple Recommends ForProducers, sound engineers, and musicians who want to hear the most accurate sound from their Mac-based music studios.
What's in the Box?
- M-Audio AV40 Studio Speakers
- Frequency Response : 85Hz - 20kHz
- Connections : Headphone port
- Speaker Configurations : Stereo
- Power : 100-120V/~50/60Hz, 220-240V/~50/60Hz; powered via detachable 2-conductor line cord
- Height : 7.25 in./18.4 cm
- Width : 8.75 in./22.2 cm
- Weight : 14.0 lb./6.34 kg
- UPC or EAN No. : 724643112936
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
There is an RCA to 3.5mm jack included with the speakers which will fit into the headphone port of t he iMac. This is long enough to get you started but an extension or longer lead might be needed if you want to place the speakers anywhere else but beside the iMac
There are other ways however including taking the audio from the iMac through a DAC (Digital to Analogue Converter) and then into the speakers which bypasses much of the iMacs inbuilt audio circuits and can give a better sound. I use this method and it sounds great with higher bit rate recordings.
However since all you need is in the box you can be up and running in minutes and there is plenty of scope to tinker later should you wish. …
- Answered by Andrew F