Thunderbolt technology is a new, high-speed, dual-protocol I/O technology designed for performance, simplicity, and flexibility. Capable of delivering a blistering two channels of bi-directional 10 Gbit/s (1.25GB/s) per port performance, Thunderbolt technology combines PCI Express and Display port into an interface using a single cable for connectivity to devices. Thunderbolt technology was developed by Intel and brought to market with technical collaboration from Apple.
Pegasus R6 is ideal for creative pro workstations, small servers, power users and consumers who desire stylish high-capacity external storage with high performance and enterprise level data protection. Pegasus R6 is capable of delivering over 800 MB/s of bandwidth that is 20 times faster than USB 2.0.
Easy to Use management software
Pegasus R6 comes preconfigured out of the box. Simply unpack, connect the power cable, connect the Thunderbolt cable (sold separately) to the Thunderbolt port on your computer and you're ready to store music, photos, videos and documents or create and edit production video. Managing Pegasus R6 is effortless with software designed for Mac OS X.
Storage for the Digital Home
With two channels of bi-directional 10 Gbit/s performance, Thunderbolt allows you to back up your computer while editing the video of your summer vacation and listening to an iTunes playlist. Fast, safe and reliable external storage is essential to protect your music, photos, videos, and other valuable data. Pegasus R6 provides massive storage space and fast performance for popular applications such as iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, Garageband, Photoshop and media center applications. Backup your invaluable digital media, documents and also your entire computer or workstation to Pegasus R6 with Time Machine in Mac OS X.
Blistering performance and unparalleled flexibility
With over 800 MB/s of performance Pegasus R6 with Thunderbolt delivers a massive and unprecedented leap in raw power and performance for amateur professionals, audio engineers, photographers and video post production engineers. Final Cut professionals can ingest, edit, and playback multiple streams of uncompressed HD 10-bit and 12-bit video while protecting valuable workflows, audio sessions and other creative media content with Promise's award-winning enterprise level RAID 6 engine featuring mature error-handling schemes for the ultimate in data protection. Graphic artists using Adobe Photoshop and Maya 3D animation software can manipulate and archive high-resolution graphics on Pegasus with lightning-fast responsiveness and relative ease.
Thunderbolt technology's multi-protocol support enables Pegasus R6 to deliver amazing flexibility. Daisy-chain more than one Pegasus R6 enclosure to a single Thunderbolt port or connect a display to Pegasus R6 for the ultimate in convenience and interface connectivity.
Hardware RAID protection for small business
Protect your valuable business data with a reliable hardware RAID solution. You can use Pegasus R6 as large storage for a desktop system or as external storage solution for a small server. With 10TB of storage in RAID 5, you'll have the capacity you need for data and backups with the protection of hardware RAID.
Cost-effective expandable storage for home use
In today's digital world, you consistently acquire and amass large amounts of personal digital media using smart phones and digital cameras, in addition to downloadable digital media acquired through online stores such as iTunes. The Pegasus R6 can protect all these memories meant to last a lifetime from single drive failures, at the same time providing data protection, high availability and high reliability.
Flexible backup solution
Connect Pegasus R6 to your Mac for use with Time Machine to back up your critical system files, applications, data files, music, pictures and videos.
Ultra-quiet and eco-smart
Pegasus R6 is eco-friendly, keeping harmful lead out of the environment and our delicate ecosystems. Sporting a new enclosure design, an efficient power supply and active fan management, system noise is never an issue, making Pegasus R6 ideal for desktop, small office or any other environment in the house.
- 12TB of raw capacity (9.7TB configured RAID 5 and formatted with HFS+)
- Advanced RAID engine
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 50, 6, 60 and 10
- Attractive, stylish, and compact enclosure
- Ultra-quiet design
- Two Thunderbolt ports
- Hot-swappable bays for effortless drive access and serviceability
- Robust error handling provides superior data protection
Did you notice?To use a Pegasus RAID System with your Mac, you'll need a Thunderbolt cable.
Apple Recommends ForCreative pro workstations, small servers, power users and consumers who desire stylish, high-capacity external storage with high performance and enterprise level data protection.
What's in the Box?
- Pegasus R6 with six 2TB 7200-rpm drives
- Quick start guide
- Power cable
- Other Features: Time Machine Compatible, RAID Support
- Connections: Thunderbolt
- Power: Power consumption: 78W max load (read and write); 55W idle mode
- Height: 9.9 in./25.0 cm
- Width: 7.7 in./19.5 cm
- Weight: 20.2 lb./9.2 kg
- Length: 7.3 in./18.5 cm
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- 100MB of free hard-drive space
- Mac with Thunderbolt port
- Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
- Mfr. Part Number: F40DS6705100000
- UPC or EAN No.: 704118085699
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
- Warranty: Two years with a one-year limited warranty on fan and power adapter
- To use a Pegasus RAID System with your Mac, you'll need to purchase a Thunderbolt cable.