Perfect tone anywhere
The Apogee JAM digital guitar interface lets you record the rich warmth of your guitar's tone with digital purity on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac using one simple "take-anywhere" device. Whether you're on the road or in the most advanced recording studio, JAM captures your next great performance.
Made for GarageBand and Logic, but works with any app
JAM is built for GarageBand and Logic Pro, but its special circuitry is also designed to make the amps and effects in any guitar or music creation app sound their best. For the novice or the most seasoned guitar player, JAM provides inspiring tone for practicing, recording or just jamming.
Built for the future
Introduced in 2011, the original JAM became a standard iOS mobile recording device for both aspiring and professional artists. The latest JAM delivers unsurpassed recording quality and even better tone. It's optimised for the latest iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models, allowing you to record in pristine fidelity up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
Since 1985, Apogee has continually produced award-winning technology that powers many of the world's most respected studios. Apogee products have been instrumental in capturing countless GRAMMY and OSCAR winning performances.
Apogee Electronics—Setting the standard since 1985
For over 25 years, Apogee Electronics has been a leader in professional digital audio. Apogee products are used in some of the most prestigious recording studios around the world and have been instrumental in making countless GRAMMY and OSCAR winning recordings.
- Upgraded sound quality with punchy, clean-amp tone
- Designed for electric guitar bass and acoustic guitar works with pickup
- Up to 96 kHz/24-bit HD recording
- Works with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac
- Lightning, 30-pin and Mac USB cables included
- With no confusing setup, you can start recording in minutes
- Made for GarageBand, Logic Pro and Mac
- Compatible with all popular guitar and music recording apps on iOS and Mac
- Low-noise digital connection with studio-quality preamp
- Made in the U.S.A.
Did you notice?Jam is a true digital device featuring special circuitry designed specifically for guitar and bass. The Apogee engineers responsible for Jam's sound quality have created professional audio recording products found in recording studios around the world and heard on countless hit records.
Apple Recommends ForBeginners and seasoned players who want a high-quality guitar sound for practicing, recording or just jamming on both iPad and Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Apogee Jam Digital Guitar Interface
- Lightning cable for connection to iOS devices (1 m/3.3 ft.)
- USB cable for connection to Mac (1 m/3.3 ft.)
- Quick start guide
- Input Type: USB
- Cable Length: Lightning cable: 1 m/3.3 ft. (iOS device connections); 30-pin cable: 0.5 m/1.6 ft. (iOS device connections); USB cable: 1 m/3.3 ft. (Mac connection)
- Height: 0.9 in./2.89 cm
- Width: 1.2 in./3.05 cm
- Weight: 1.6 oz./45.4 g
- Length: 3.75 in./9.5 cm
- Mac OS X v10.7.5 or later; iOS 6.1 or later
- 1.5 Ghz or faster Intel processor
- 2 GB of RAM minimum; 4 GB recommended
- USB 2.0 (for Mac); Lightning (for iOS devices)
- GarageBand, Logic Pro, MainStage or any Core Audio compatible application
- Mfr. Part Number: JAM96K
- UPC or EAN No.: 805676301143
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
- Warranty: One year
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks*. Record performances from third-party music and effect apps directly into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 8. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with acoustic and electronic drum kits
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks* using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using AirDrop for iOS
* 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip or higher. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation). …
8000 444 0396 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
will it work with my 10.6.8 Version MacBook Air?
- Asked by Rebecca W from Fircrest
Although the details on the product page note 10.7.5 and above, JAM is a Core Audio device and works Although the details on the product page note 10.7.5 and above, JAM is a Core Audio device and works perfectly fine on 10.6.8! …
- Answered by Rob C from Los Angeles
Will this work with Pocket Amp for IPad?
- Asked by Charles C from Atlanta
Yes, JAM works with all Core Audio compliant iOS Music Apps.
- Answered by Rob C from Los Angeles
will this work with my macbook pro
- Asked by Chauna B from Shawano
Works beautifully with Macbook pro and Logic X, I would expect GB to be fine. Cables for USB, Light Works beautifully with Macbook pro and Logic X, I would expect GB to be fine. Cables for USB, Lightening and even 3GS are included. …
- Answered by David M from Kirkland