BookArc is a new version of Twelve South's popular desktop stand made specifically for the 2nd-generation MacBook Air. Built of sturdy, heavy-gauge steel, it elevates MacBook Air above your desk, freeing up space and creating a less cluttered workspace.
Even better performance
Paired with a display and keyboard, BookArc lets you work with your MacBook Air closed, which improves performance. That's because when closed, your MacBook Air dedicates 100% of its video memory to the external display rather than splitting it with the built-in display. There's also built-in cable manager that keeps all of your desktop connections at the ready.
- Sturdy, heavy-gauge steel construction
- Lets you use MacBook Air (2nd gen.) closed for improved performance
- Frees up valuable real estate on your desk
- Cable management keeps desktop connections handy and accessible
- Soft silicone insert firmly grips MacBook Air (2nd Gen.)
- Soft footpads keep your desk free of marks
- Pairs perfectly with Apple Cinema Display and wireless keyboard/mouse
Did you notice?If you work with your MacBook Air closed and connected to an external display, you can get even better performance.
Apple Recommends ForStand your 2nd-generation MacBook AIr upright on your desktop.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South BookArc Stand for MacBook Air (2nd Gen.)
- Owner's guide
- Mfr. Part Number: 12-1102
- UPC or EAN No.: 851522002238
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Stupid question. After shutting down the MacBook Air, I would assume you have to remove it from the stand and open it to turn it back on.
- Asked by David A from West Greenwich
If the laptop is completely shut down, then yes you would have to. However, if the system is in slee If the laptop is completely shut down, then yes you would have to. However, if the system is in sleep, then the situation is a bit different. You can just wake it from sleep using a wireless keyboard. You can even schedule the computer to wake from sleep mode within Energy Saver settings. …
- Answered by Ronald M from Port Orange
What cable is being used in the image above to connect it to the other Mac product?
- Asked by Garett V from Houston
The cable that it is most likely using is the Mini Displayport to HDMI (or whatever port is provided The cable that it is most likely using is the Mini Displayport to HDMI (or whatever port is provided on your monitor/TV) cable. This cable hooks up to the Thunderbolt port provided on your MacBook Air, and connected to the TV or monitor.
I'm sorry nobody has answered your question in so long! I hope I provided some help. …
- Answered by Julian T from Clifton
How about the heat? Did operating in closed-lid mode can increase the heat faster than usual?
- Asked by Triatmoko T
Actually its better for heat dissipation. I have this and a macbook pro and use it everyday. The fac Actually its better for heat dissipation. I have this and a macbook pro and use it everyday. The fact that the bottom is exposed to the air improves circulation significantly. Also, there is less wear and tear on the keyboard etc. Its a good product. Just expensive. But it comes in a nice box though. …
- Answered by Lester J from Baltimore
will this fit the mid 2013 Macbook Air 11 inch?
- Asked by Mark O
Yes. The 2013 is the same exact case as the 2012. It just has an upgraded processor, batteries, mic Yes. The 2013 is the same exact case as the 2012. It just has an upgraded processor, batteries, mic and Wifi. …
- Answered by Steven C from Browns Mills
If i only have Switcheasy coverbuddy case for my iPad 2,did it fit in the Twelve South BookArc for MacBook Air (2nd Gen.)?
- Asked by Ng E from Butterworth
i have cats that climb all over my keyboard when I'm not around...would this make a good stand for my aluminum keyboard?
- Asked by Nancy P from Bronson