Can I raid the LacCie thunderbolt drive but also have it for time machine backups too? Perhap by reformatting it to a lower raid size?
1 Answer from the Community
I'm not sure what you mean "lower raid size", and I'm still awaiting delivery of mine in the next few days, so I'll let you know if this turns out not to be the case with this particular drive, but in general, you can use a RAID array for Time Machine backups. I have been doing that for about a year, but one of my old drives packed in, hence the need for this. Reading between the lines, it sounds like you're thinking of setting up a particular type of RAID array as a working drive, whilst using a separate partition for Time Machine backups - basically eating your cake and still having it. If that's even possible, it wouldn't be a good idea - Time Machine likes a disk (or array) to itself. Sorry if I didn't catch your drift.
- Answered by Darren C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I want to connect my 4TB G Raid thunderbolt hard drive to time capsule to use it wirelessly at times?
- Asked by Kyle R from Brisbane
- Flag as inappropriate (I want to connect my 4TB G Raid thunderbolt hard drive to time capsule to use it wirelessly at times?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
Does it have RAID capability?
- Asked by Martin C from Beroun
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it have RAID capability?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB