Is there Antivirus protection for iPad? If so, how do I go about getting it?
- Asked by Frank D from Duncan
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there Antivirus protection for iPad? If so, how do I go about getting it?)
4 Answers from the Community
There are little to no known forms of malware that target the iPad. The majority of malicious malware and such targets the personal computer market, especially PCs. But to make sure, Apple constantly upgrades iOS with security patches to ensure that your iPad is safe and secure from all known threats on the web. Just make sure to keep your iOS up to date.
- Answered by Matthew B from Edmonton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
There isn't. There isn't a need. An e-mail scam doesn't mean you have a virus. If you are worried, just reset the iPad to factory defaults and re-sync your data.
- Answered by Jason S from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You won't need Anti-Virus, as other answers have stated, there are no known viruses targeting the iPad as Apple reviews all apps before they're released to the App Store. You can think of them *as* your Anti-Virus.
- Answered by Russell R from Cibolo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Hi, I need to know the right answer to this question too. I have a close friend whose iPad Mini (iOS7) has just been hit by an email scam off her contacts list. She (and my wife with the same device) both need an effective and free anti-virus product.
- Answered by Geoff L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Do I need antivirus for iphone 5
- Asked by Tanya J from Lake City
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need antivirus for iphone 5)
is there a protection plan available for iPad?
- Asked by Brenda H from Bowlegs
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a protection plan available for iPad?)
No answers yet