Plug your iTrip into the dock connector, press the SmartScan button and you're set to listen to your tunes through your stereo. SmartScan finds the clearest frequency to play your music through your car or home stereo speakers without hassles or wires.
Set your favourite presets
Griffin's SmartSound button adjusts signal strength for the clearest sound possible. Use iTrip's three user-programmable presets to remember your favourite frequencies and recall them with one press of a button.
Built-in playback controls
Built-in controls let you play, pause, skip forward and skip back with a press of a button. And the illuminated screen scrolls track or podcast information even when your iPhone or iPod sleeps its display.
App support for iPhone and iPod touch
The iTrip Controller App is a free download at the iTunes App Store that lets you take full advantage of the Multi-Touch display on your iPod or iPhone. Tap to choose one of your own presets, or tune manually using iTrip Controller's tuning wheel.
- One-touch setup and tuning
- SmartScan finds the best FM frequency
- SmartSound button adjusts signal strength for each frequency
- Bright illuminated display for easy viewing in any light
- User-selectable stereo/mono modes
- iTrip’s display controls: Play, pause, forward and back
- iTrip Controller App (free download): Control iTrip from your iPhone or iPod touch
Did you notice?You can download the iTrip Controller App from the iTunes App Store for free.
Apple Recommends ForListening to your favourite music through your car or home stereo speakers and your iPod or iPhone, without hassles or wires.
What's in the Box?
- iTrip FM Transmitter with App support
- UPC or EAN No. : 85387304231
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
iPod classic 80GB/160GB (2007)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod touch 1st Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Yes you can use it to play any thing already in your collection and also output sound from movies , podcasts etc …
- Answered by Nicola S
- Asked by Duncan B
I have a slightly older/different model, but that certainly works with Spotify.
The only differe nce from iTunes is that with Spotify, my iPhone interface goes into standby mode with the music still playing - so I have to unlock the screen to make any changes as I go... though it's only a minor inconvenience. …
- Answered by Martin R from Bexhill-on-sea
- Asked by Carole K
The iTrip is a mini radio transmitter. You receive the signal on your car stereo like you would any radio station. Your car's bluetooth automatically mutes the radio/CD when a call comes in. Therefore, the iTrip will not effect your ability to make or accept calls over bluetooth. …
- Answered by Zvonko M
- Asked by Sheila G
The short answer is yes.
The long answer is that it really depends on what they decide to do with the "old" frequencies after analogue is dead. If they leave them free, happy days, if they utilize them for something similar to radio, there could be interference.
Also you need to bear in mind that if you swap your car stereo to a DAB radio that doesn't play analogue, this device is rendered useless, but at that time i'm sure a "digital iTrip" will be invented and sold.
Don't worry about it yet, you have ages before analogue radio gets turned off, if it ever does! DAB hasn't really caught on yet. ;) …
- Answered by Michael F
- Asked by Alison R
No, but if you want to charge your iphone/ipod as you go then you need a micro usb car charger
- Answered by George M