With the iPad Camera Connection Kit, it's incredibly easy to download photos and videos from your digital camera to your iPad so you can view them on the gorgeous iPad display and share them with family and friends.
The kit includes two connectors, each with a different interface:
- The Camera Connector features a USB interface. Just plug it into the dock connector port on your iPad, then attach your digital camera or iPhone using a USB cable (not included). iPhone 3G is not supported.
- Use the SD Card Reader to import photos and videos directly from your camera's SD card. Connect it to your iPad, then insert your digital camera's SD card into the slot.
After you make the connection, your iPad automatically opens the Photos app, which lets you choose which photos and videos to import, then organises them into albums. When you sync iPad to your PC or Mac, the photos and videos on your iPad are added to your computer's photo library.
What's in the Box?
- Camera Connector
- SD Card Reader
- iPad and the Camera Connection Kit support standard photo formats, including JPEG and RAW, along with SD and HD video formats, including H.264 and MPEG-4.
8000 444 0396 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can it use for webcam??
- Asked by Lai L
The Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit can only be used to hook up your digital camera or SD card to i The Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit can only be used to hook up your digital camera or SD card to import photos. It does not allow you to use the camera when plugged in as a camera for video chatting. …
- Answered by Jessica O from Oakdale
Further to posting this question, I have subsequently purchased the Camera Connection Kit and now kn Further to posting this question, I have subsequently purchased the Camera Connection Kit and now know that it doesn't allow my iPad to communicate with the Garmin 305. It does, however, charge the watch if that is of any use to anyone.
The issue, I believe, is that the iPad will not allow me to download the Garmin Communicator Safari add-on which allows the watch to upload to the Internet.
Our friends at Garmin need to develop an 'ap'...
On the Camera Connection Kit, it works perfectly with my Canon EOS 5 and happily downloads images and movies from my iPhone 3Gs. It fails miserably when trying to download movies either directly from the Panasonic camera or using the SD adapter. …
- Answered by Matthew M
Will the iPad camera connection kit be compatibile with iOS8 on my iPad air 2?
- Asked by Francesca G from Frankston
Will this work for connection to an external USB hard drive?
- Asked by Matthew H from Dupont
It may; only if your hard drive is self-powered. Flash drives and portable hard drives will not work It may; only if your hard drive is self-powered. Flash drives and portable hard drives will not work as it relies for the USB adapter for power. With no power coming from the USB adapter, you can't power your hard drive and thus not being able to use it.
AND when your hard drive does work, it can only draw images out from the hard drive and import them into your iPad. Unless Apple has released an update where you can use it as a secondary storage device, there is no way of using your hard drive other than importing images.
Third party apps may take advantage of the adapter but only if Apple has unlocked such capability. …
- Answered by Kurt Rusheen T from Shaker Heights
I there a way to connect the iPad to TV via HDMI cable.
- Asked by Kd B from Del Norte
yes. use the lightning Digital AV adapter or 30 Pin to HDMI adapter available from apple.
- Answered by Ryan T from Hamburg
Will the ipad camera connection kit work with the Ipad 2?
- Asked by Maria L from Santa Clara
- Answered by Alice B from Kaneohe