With the iPad Camera Connection Kit, it's incredibly easy to download photos and videos from your digital camera to your iPad so you can view them on the gorgeous iPad display and share them with family and friends.
The kit includes two connectors, each with a different interface:
- The Camera Connector features a USB interface. Just plug it into the dock connector port on your iPad, then attach your digital camera or iPhone using a USB cable (not included). iPhone 3G is not supported.
- Use the SD Card Reader to import photos and videos directly from your camera's SD card. Connect it to your iPad, then insert your digital camera's SD card into the slot.
After you make the connection, your iPad automatically opens the Photos app, which lets you choose which photos and videos to import, then organises them into albums. When you sync iPad to your PC or Mac, the photos and videos on your iPad are added to your computer's photo library.
What's in the Box?
- Camera Connector
- SD Card Reader
- iPad and the Camera Connection Kit support standard photo formats, including JPEG and RAW, along with SD and HD video formats, including H.264 and MPEG-4.
8000 444 0396 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this work for connection to an external USB hard drive?
- Asked by Matthew H from Dupont
It may; only if your hard drive is self-powered. Flash drives and portable hard drives will not work It may; only if your hard drive is self-powered. Flash drives and portable hard drives will not work as it relies for the USB adapter for power. With no power coming from the USB adapter, you can't power your hard drive and thus not being able to use it.
AND when your hard drive does work, it can only draw images out from the hard drive and import them into your iPad. Unless Apple has released an update where you can use it as a secondary storage device, there is no way of using your hard drive other than importing images.
Third party apps may take advantage of the adapter but only if Apple has unlocked such capability. …
- Answered by Kurt Rusheen T from Shaker Heights
Does the iPad Camera connection kit work with the Flip Video cameras?
- Asked by Ryan C from Richmond
Works for me with 4.2! can transfer my vids and play them on my iPad from flip hd mino
- Answered by Alphonso S from Antioch
can I use Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 / QuickCam in the IPAD?
- Asked by Janine J
The USB from this product is just for a camera.
- Answered by Tim M from Hillsboro
Can you transfer photos from this camera to the IPAD2 to be able to share photos through for example Shutterfly? Thanks
- Asked by Kelly A from Phoenix
- Asked about: Canon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS Digital…
Yes, but you will have to have either the sd card or usb adapter from Apple.
- Answered by Peter B from Winston-salem
Will the ipad camera connection kit work with the Ipad 2?
- Asked by Maria L from Santa Clara
- Answered by Alice B from Kaneohe
Can I transfer photos from my MAC to the ipad?
- Asked by Richard M from Bala Cynwyd
Yes you can. All you have to do is connect it like you would when you sync it & follow the instructi Yes you can. All you have to do is connect it like you would when you sync it & follow the instructions in iTunes. Theres no need to use the Camera Connection Kit if your just transferring pictures from your mac to a iPad. (: …
- Answered by Adam K from Waukesha