Adobe® Illustrator CS6
Explore new paths with the essential vector tool.
- Work fast with rock-solid stability
- Efficiently drive daily tasks and top features
- Design intuitively and with precise control
Apple Recommends For
Industry-standard vector graphics software, used worldwide by designers of all types who want to create digital graphics, illustrations, and typography for all kinds of media: print, web, interactive, video, and mobile.
Adobe® Illustrator® CS6 software is powered by the new Mercury Performance System that delivers native 64-bit support for both Mac OS and Windows.® You can now work with precision, speed, and rock-solid stability on large, complex files. An updated interface streamlines daily tasks, and new creative options let you design and edit seamless patterns, leverage a new image-tracing engine, and apply gradients to strokes. Spend less time waiting and more time creating.
Sophisticated vector drawing tools
Create distinctive designs with precise shape-building tools, fluid and painterly brushes, and advanced path controls.
Integration with other Adobe solutions
Move projects smoothly from design to print or digital output, thanks to tight integration with industry-leading Adobe software, such as Adobe Photoshop,® InDesign,® After Effects,® Acrobat,® and more.
Mercury Performance System
Work with precision, speed, and rock-solid stability on large, complex files due to native 64-bit support on Mac OS and Windows with RAM and overall performance optimisation.
Multiple art boards
Organise and view up to 100 artboards of varying sizes overlapping or on a grid. Quickly add, delete, reorder, and name. Save, export, and print independently or together.
Gradients and transparency
Interact with gradients directly on your object, defining the dimension of elliptical gradients, editing colours, and adjusting opacity. Even create gradients on strokes and meshes.
Crisp graphics and text for web and mobile
Create and align vector objects precisely on the file's pixel grid for clean, sharp raster graphics. Use text anti-aliasing options for individual text frames.
Confidently convert raster images to editable vectors with a powerful tracing engine. Get clean lines, accurate fitting, and reliable colour results using simple, intuitive controls.
Use perspective grids to draw shapes and scenes in accurate 1-, 2-, or 3-point linear perspective, creating the look of realistic depth and distance.
Easily create seamlessly tiled vector patterns. Experiment freely with different types of repeating patterns that can be edited at any time for maximum design flexibility.
Industry-standard graphic file formats
Work with almost any type of graphic file—including PDF, EPS, FXG, Photoshop (PSD), TIFF, GIF, JPEG, SWF, SVG, DWG, DXF, and more.
In-panel appearance editing
Edit object characteristics directly in the Appearance panel, eliminating the need to open fill, stroke, or effects panels.
Adobe PDF file creation tools
Create more secure, multipage, graphic-rich PDF files with Illustrator layers retained. Share files confidently with service providers knowing that Illustrator supports PDF/X standards.
- Sophisticated vector drawing tools
- Integration with other Adobe solutions
- Mercury Performance System
- Multiple artboards
- Gradients and transparency
- Crisp graphic and text for web and mobile
- Image Trace
- Perspective drawing
- Pattern creation
- Industry-standard graphic file formats
- In-panel appearance editing
- Adobe PDF file creation tools
Did You Notice?
The new Mercury Performance System delivers native 64-bit support for both Mac OS and Windows, so you can work with precision, speed, and stability on large, complex files. An updated interface streamlines daily tasks, and new creative options let you create and edit seamless vector patterns, leverage a new tracing engine, and apply gradients to strokes.
- Media: DVD
- Internet Access: Some Features Require Internet Access
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 to v10.8
- 2GB of RAM (8GB recommended)
- Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
- 1024 by 768 resolution (12800 by 800 recommended) with 16-bit video card
- 2GB of available hard-drive space for installation; additional free space required during installation. Cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices.
What's in the Box?
- Adobe Illustrator CS6
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
- UPC or EAN No.: 5051254538226
- Mfr. Part Number: 65165576
Yes, there are academic editions of individual CS6 products and collections. Not to be confused with the light or pared-back versions of products (like Photoshop Elements), they are full versions offered at very substantially reduced prices.
You'll need to submit valid academic I.D. to purchase/activate the product.
An awesome solution for students - I wish I'd done this! - is Creative Cloud, which gives you use of the full range of Creative Suite applications for a monthly subscription of $14.95. I believe you can even skip a month or two - you're not locked in or contracted to a minimum period. …More
- Answered by Chris R from Goonellabah
- Asked by Serena J from Cumming
No answers yet
- Asked by Betty M from Calgary
No answers yet
No, you can only upgrade from CS3,4,5.
- Answered by Leona H
- Asked by Marcellie V from Tokyo
You can download a trial of the software from www.adobe.com
Click on Downloads on the top bar of the Adobe website and this will take you to a list of all the featured downloadable products available. …More
- Answered by Jane H from Stirling