Frequently Asked Questions:
(1) What are Apple Certified Reconditioned Products?
Apple Certified Reconditioned Products are pre-owned Apple products that undergo Apple's stringent refurbishment process prior to being offered for sale. While only some units are returned due to technical issues, all units undergo Apple's stringent quality refurbishment process.
Each Apple Certified Refurbished Product:
Refurbishment procedures follow the same basic technical guidelines as Apple's Finished Goods testing procedures.
- is fully tested.
- is refurbished with replacement parts for any defective modules identified in testing.
- is put through a thorough cleaning process and inspection.
- is repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.).
- includes the operating software originally shipped with the unit and the custom software offered with that system. See each products "Learn More" for more details.
- is placed into a Final QA inspection prior to being added to sellable refurbished stock.
(2) What should I expect when I purchase an Apple Certified Reconditioned Product?
- Substantial savings
- A fully functional unit with complete documentation
- The assurance that the unit meets Apple's premiere quality standards, and that its defective components have been replaced by genuine Apple components
- The risk that your unit may present minor cosmetic imperfection, such as scratches, marks, discolouration, etc.
(3) Can I purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan for my Apple Certified Reconditioned Product?
All Apple Certified Refurbished Products are covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty. For extended coverage, you have the option of purchasing the AppleCare Protection Plan with your Apple Certified Refurbished Product. The AppleCare Protection Plan extends the complimentary coverage on your Apple Certified Refurbished Product to up to three years of world-class support for Mac, and up to two years of world-class support for iPod and Apple TV.
Close this window